Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by Harvey Nash
Systems Engineer - Nottingham (perm) - £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to design and implement highly available and scalable data and compute solutions, whilst also ensuring sufficient monitoring, alerting and disaster recovery solutions are implemented and maintained to the company's standard.
This role takes pride in the performance and availability of the solutions they look after and works hard to ensure the manual overhead of running a 24x7 Internet solution is reduced to the minimum amount possible.
You will be part of a team of cross-functional engineers, working collaboratively to deliver new solutions utilising Platform as a Service cloud solutions along with maintaining on-premises software based products and platforms.
- Previous experience of working in a Support/Operations role
- Experience of systems monitoring solutions (Application Insights, OMS, Log Analytics, ELK or similar)
- Experience of Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Chef or similar)
- Understanding of cloud and ideally have worked in a business who use Cloud (Azure would be best)
- Experience of supporting web based applications - with an understanding of Firewall configuration, load balancing and availability checks
- Experience of working with Linux and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
Any experience with Scripting/programming languages to assist in automating solutions eg PowerShell (preferred), Bash, C#, Ruby, Python would be ace as well as any database config experience using SQL Server.
Do not hesitate to apply!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £50k Annual
£32k - £55k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£35k - £37k Annual
£30k - £60k Annual
£45 - £60 Hourly
£45k - £60k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual