Principle Network Designer - SC Cleared
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by Investigo Change Solutions
Investigo's key client a global telecommunications company are seeking an experienced Principal network designer to join an existing team.
You will have a solid background in an L2/Optical networking role with the following skills/experience: -
- Demonstrative experience in designing DWDM networks including topological design, capacity planning, circuit design, modelling, and fault-finding operational scenarios.
- Full understanding of technical aspects of DWDM, SDH designs, knowledge of OTN, optical planning awareness and impairment impacts.
- Demonstrative experience in developing and validating new services/features in carrier scale network, including feature design/definition, validation including low level test plans and execution, vendor liaison.
- Demonstrative experience in turning customer requirements into deployable network solutions, ensuring customer obtains service required, and vendor provides support
- Ability to challenge vendor technical teams at debug level, and to resolve technical issues within carrier scale network in min timeframe acting as 3rd/4th line support
- Demonstrative experience in ancillary systems and equipment required to support carrier scale network, including IP routing, Ethernet, wide range of transport test equipment (IXIA, EXFO, JDSU)
- Demonstrative customer facing skills and ability to communicate at a range of levels allowing complex technical detail to be widely understood by a range of audiences.
- Demonstrative experience of hands on ability to configure, test, commission and install DWDM/SDH/Ethernet equipment with minimal vendor guidance
- Demonstrative experience with Legacy TDM and low speed transmission systems
- Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia, Nokia EPT planning tool.
- ITIL experience desirable
Must be a holder of current SC Clearance.