Programme Lead Well Led (FTC)
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by Hays UK - East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) provides 24/7 accident and emergency services to a population of around six million people across Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. We employ more than 4,000 dedicated staff and 1,500 volunteers and cover an area of approximately 7,500 square miles.
We answer more than one million calls each year. As well as treating and transporting patients who need urgent or emergency care, we also provide telephone triage to people with less serious illnesses or injuries. In addition to our 999 service, we provide non-emergency patient transport for people whose medical conditions or frailty means they are unable to travel unaided to and from hospital, treatment centres and other similar facilities.
To continue our journey towards developing an excellent corporate governance function, we are seeking to appoint a Programme Lead Well Led, who will work closely with the Head of Governance to support the improvement requirements within governance, progression and co-ordination of key actions arising from CQC inspections and to facilitate actions arising from the integrated improvement plan and well led framework. The appointment is for a fixed term contract of 6 months with the expectation that this will be extended beyond the initial period and may become a permanent role.
The post holder will be expected to fulfil the business as usual role requirements including providing support and advice in relation to legislative requirements, well led and ensuring compliance with national and local policy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior colleagues to ensure that the Trust complies with the Well-Led domain of the Key Lines of Enquiry.
- Supporting the Head of Governance in undertaking self-assessments and preparations for inspections.
- Ensuring the delivery of appropriate training, advice and support for the board of directors in matters pertaining to well led.
- Providing assurance in the regular reporting to Trust Board and appropriate sub-committees, stakeholders and partners on the trust management of the well led programme.
- Liaising with internal audit as required to provide independent assurance on the domain.
- Design, develop and put in place arrangements for a comprehensive induction of all Board members. If required, provide advice and support regarding the discharge of their duties.
- Designing, developing, put in place and operate arrangements for the regular evaluation of the effectiveness and performance of the Board of Directors, Committees and other Groups, incorporating a range of methods including self-assessment and independent review.
You will ideally have experience and knowledge of regulatory matters, NHS compliance and corporate governance and extensive experience in their application in complex settings and experience in the Assistant/Deputy Trust/Company Secretary role.
East of England Ambulance NHS Trust is very keen to discuss this opportunity with experienced corporate governance professionals who have the requisite experience, skills and resilience as well as the relationship building, inspirational leadership and governance oversight capabilities to undertake this challenging role.
To confidentially discuss this opportunity in further detail or request a copy of the Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan M or Justin Dargis M.
Closing date: 25th October 2020