Network Engineer III - DOCSIS Operations - Audit and Automation
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by SPECTRUM
Responsible for implementation of network architecture, designs and automation for all DOCSIS teams. Working to help build SDN/Network orchestration/Telemetry solutions. Improve Deployment, Capacity and Support capabilities for CMTS & PON based technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations. Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Required to Assist D&E Engineers with review and create technical changes for accuracy and recommend changes to support operational guidelines, as well as Documentation and IG creation. (Maintaining Format Standards)
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years network engineering experience with TCP/IP networking/IP sub netting
- Minimum three (3) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- Minimum three (3) years of data network experience
- Proficiency in coding/software development using LAMP PHP/Python stack, MySQL, GIT version control
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Networking)
- Competent knowledge (helpful not a must) of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Experience in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, and basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace team environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Must be able to write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Basic knowledge of the following- Java/Perl/PHP/Python/C/C++/SQL/Regex, MongoDB/MySQL/- IP Addressing & Sub-netting/CLI/SNMP
- Knowledge of company products and services ?
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)