Senior Manager, Video Operations Spectrum Guide
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by SPECTRUM
Video Operations is seeking a senior manager to support a dynamic and highly competent engineering team responsible for monitoring and improving Spectrum Guide performance and quality initiatives. This position will drive continuous improvement across the Spectrum Guide platform and management of the Spectrum Guide Performance Improvement by deploying and ensuring consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable product delivery consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Successful candidate will have previous experience as a manager as well as experience in a role as an engineer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and manage quality control programs for Video Operations and ensure consistent operational procedures
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify, improve and enhance the customer experience
- Lead a group of highly competent engineers and assist them with their daily administrative tasks such as completing tickets, removing obstacles and escalating for them
- Actively contribute to improving the success of Spectrum Guide KPIs
- Support the engineering staff to be more productive and successful thru direct involvement
- Liaison between Product, Software Engineering, Video Operations, Advanced Engineering and Technology services
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Provide Engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operations initiatives. This includes hands on engineering work, on call and outage mitigation and remediation.
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by Video Product and engineering
- Ensure that all engineers have an active development plan and are progressing in their skill sets.
- Ensure adherence to company TQA policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years technology/engineering work experience
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum five (5) years Engineering management experience
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects and tasks ? context switching
- Demonstrated ability to direct a team of highly functioning engineers
- Must be able to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools and resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations and reporting compliance
- Intermediate knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent industry and/or vendor specific certifications and training MBA or MS degree
- Fluency in OOO programming and scripting
- AWS certified solutions architect
- Knowledge of Charter products & services ? Spectrum Guide