Systems Engineer III (Systems Virtualization) - Telephony
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by SPECTRUM
The Systems Engineer III will play an intrigal part in the development, and implementation of enterprise-wide virtual infrastructure to support production Voice applications and customer-facing environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for effectively coordinating with internal/external departments to review existing integration capabilities, proposed solution designs for feasibility, and provide timely execution and implementation of virtual systems supporting Voice applications.
- Deploy, support and maintain new and existing Voice infrastructure including compute, system virtualization, tools, and storage.
- Conducts and participate in infrastructure design sessions with senior engineers and architects to ensure deployment success
- Creates detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications/services and for enhancements to existing systems/services
- Collaborates to creates configuration designs for design and implementation of various virtual Voice environments
- Monitors and assists in managing virtual systems, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Ability to script system processes through various coding languages; Python and CLI
- Reviews new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality/
- Provides 'tier level' support to resolve Voice system issues after normal business hours
- Designs and implements change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage
- Documents systems configurations, upgrades, and performance statistics
- Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise project, as well a quickly learn the technical and business working environment through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- Candidate must be available for occasional evening/weekend system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Senior level experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers, as well with deploying VMware products and tools
- Experience with large scale virtual server deployments as well as Unix and RHEL systems administration
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Server Development work experience
- Minimum four (4) years of Virtual Technology (VMware) work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of System Administration work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Enterprise Application Integration work experience
- Experience with Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis with B series and C series servers; deployment and maintenance including firmware and driver installation
- Experience with Cisco and Brocade storage Switches and Cisco fiber interconnects
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Familiar with information system architecture to include systems, storage, networking components.
- Has extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies and infrastructure operations.
- Familiar with SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) with planning, creating, testing, and deploying new or previously deployed application instances.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, and similar tools) is a plus.
- Familiar with Scripting tools (Linux Shell, Powershell, PowerCLI, Python), and enterprise storage/backup solutions (VMAX/Pure/NetApp/Rubrik) is a plus
- Experience with Unix and RHEL systems administration, as well as SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, NFS, S3, and Block Storage
- Familiar with large Virtual Deployments using SAN and NAS storage solutions, configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, and similar tools) is a plus, as well as Scripting tools (Linux Shell, Powershell, PowerCLI,Python) is a plus
- Certification in VMware Virtualization Management, ITIL (VCP or VCAP)