Technical Product Manager
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by IQVIA
Location: Durham, NC
The Analytics Center of Excellence
Our Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. We?re using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery. This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.
In this role, you will be acting as a technical Product Manager for an AI-powered, clinical analytics product. You will own the technical product strategy while acting as the overall product owner for your product. You will work with business stakeholders, user experience professionals, development leadership and our data science team to develop a cohesive, technically sound solution that meets the needs of the overall product roadmap. You will serve as a subject matter expert for the development team regarding key technical goals, and act as the primary liaison to the business, ensuring ongoing visibility to development strategy and progress.
Your typical activities might include:
- Working with technical leadership to define the product delivery strategy
- Working with data scientists to evaluate modeling and integration strategies
- Leading the decomposition process from product features to vertically oriented user stories
- Evaluating, prioritizing and balancing trade-offs between functional work and technical debt
- Guiding user experience and development activities in alignment with the product roadmap
- Defining and prioritizing non-functional requirements and automation needs
- Supporting product offering documentation, including formal communications, enablement materials and presentations for executive leadership
Our ideal candidate will have:
A technical degree, with a combination of product management, software delivery, and data science experience. Plus;
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts, with the ability to convey to non-technical audiences
- An understanding of the fundamentals of architecture and software development processes and procedures, including agile approaches
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including good command of the English language
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible ? to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at (see below) to arrange for such an accommodation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.