LIMS Support Specialist Bioanalytical Labs
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by IQVIA
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
- Provide quality, timely and accurate LIMS, ELN, configuration and support, including daily technical support to LIMS users.
- Support LIMS integrations with internal systems like ELN, PPM, etc., using application tools and custom configuration/Scripting/programming of additional functionality as required.
- Support development of views, standard queries, custom reports and dashboards for LIMS applications.
- Create, update and maintain system documentation
(Technical Manual, Design Specification, IOPQ, user roles, etc.).
- Coordinate the implementation of the end-user hardware, barcode guns, printers, etc.
- Manage LIMS data and metadata. ie, user permissions and roles, specifications, protocols, methods, locations, equipment, testing schedules.
- Interact with software vendors, Infrastructure services, and/or Applications Development to restore service and/or correct core problems.
- Communicate issues to IT management at various levels of seniority.
- Produce materials and assist training and communication programs.
- Coordinate with internal and external service providers of incident, problem, and change management, capacity planning and troubleshooting, representing the interests of supported business groups.
- Provide Tier 3 support for internal and external end users for PC, server, and Laboratory application problems.
- Maintain knowledge of the IT industry, analyze the abilities of tools and technologies and compare with the needs of the business, recommend potential solutions to managers within the business.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Solid technical background and experience
- Possesses fine-tuned analytical skills
- Possesses exemplary written and verbal skills
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and project manager skills and experience
- Ability to work with short project cycles and capable of handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and deadlines
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management or business-related fields preferred
- Min 5 years Lab IT experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ documentation in a regulated environment
- Experience supporting lab software
- Experience with Watson LIMS or other LIMS
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL, including TSIS, SSIS, SSRS
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, DML and DDL
- Experience in a Bioanalytical lab space
- Experience with ELN (Electronic Lab Notebook) implementations
- Experience supporting lab instrumentation and raw data management
- Experience with VBA, SQL, MS Access and SQL Server
- Experience with writing Crystal Reports
- Configuration/Release Management
- Experience with data-centric cloud services (Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge of Regulated SDLC and Agile processes
What We Offer
- Major Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability
- Annual bonus
- 401(k) with 100% with immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $6k annually
- Generous paid time off and holiday leave
- Other generous benefits
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
I QVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at (see below) to arrange for such an accommodation.