Network Developer IV - Openstack Deployment and Operations - Spectrum
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by SPECTRUM
- Are you an experienced Openstack Cloud professional with a successful track record of developing and deploying complex cloud environments?
- Can you commit to a technical position completing client-focused projects on time and within budget?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are considered an expert in your field and complete some of our most complex technical projects. As a Network Developer IV, you are passionate about proactively improving the Openstack platform to ensure that our end users have access to quality Openstack features, and a stable platform, to operate their applications. You combine your expertise and understanding of client need to effectively ensure that we keep up with the end-user compute demands and their ability to efficiently operate the applications.
You have an aptitude for overcoming obstacles to see that projects are completed on time and cost effectively. You excel at developing multiple Openstack enhancements simultaneously from an office position for clients across the organization. You report to the Senior Manager, Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education and Technical Certification Program Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Encourage company-wide excellence through active and consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Improve quality assurance through the testing of new services and resource adapters using our testing framework and adding new test cases to the test suite.
- Define the services that we provide to clients, such as Fiber Internet Access and Eline through the development of resource adapters that act as firmware drivers to the network devices, including Cisco, Juniper, ADVA and RAD.
- Enhance efficiency through regular check-ins and code reviews of our GIT source control repositories.
- Spearhead project implementation by deploying code to our development, Quality Assurance, Staging and Production Servers using our continuous integration and deployment pipeline platform.
- Proactively contribute to project development through a deep understanding of Agile sprints, standups, retrospectives and planning sessions.
- Improve department quality and production by mentoring Network Developer II and III on the platform and software development standards.
- Six years of software development experience
- Six years of experience in network engineering
- Knowledge of Ethernet, IP and TDM based networks and architectures
- Experienced in routing protocols, network topologies, Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), technical specifications and command line interface
- Advanced development skills in Python, Git Source Control, Jenkins CI/CD, SQL, Web Services, MuleSoft, Docker and 320
- Developed network engineering skills in MEF CECP/MEF NF/MEF SDN-NFV, CCIE/JNCIS and ONF SDN
- History of working with Scaled Agile Framework, roles and philosophy
- Proven track record managing and executing multiple, critical projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the software lifecycle and industry best practices for software development
- Analytical, organizational, business planning, forecasting and issue resolution skills
- Expert in data analysis and developing and presenting data-driven reports
- Client-focused and service-oriented
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Two or more years of experience in Openstack Development
- Two or more years of experience in Openstack Deployment
- Two or more years of experience in Openstack Administration
- Two or more years of experience in Linux Administration
- Two or more years of experience in Python coding
- Two or more years of experience in Ansible automation
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)