ETL Engineer ? Senior Level
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been in Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT and named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test significant technical solutions collaborating with senior and lead engineers.
- Lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
- Organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions.
- Independently resolves complex production issues and leads troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions that span multiple applications and systems.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- May begin working with architecture to help influence directions for key technologies within a specific domain.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s).
- Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 6 years of experience with DataStage or informatica
- Expert experience with SQL
- Experience with Unix scripting
- Experience with Control-M or other scheduling software
- Multiple years of experience with large projects, estimating the duration of activities/scope, resources required, managing project timelines, and coordinating and collaborating with project team members
- Strong relationship management and demonstrated success facilitating across multiple areas (ie business, operations, technology, business partners) to drive critical change initiatives and influence decisions
- Experience with Financial Services Data
- Experience with 1 or more reporting tools (Business Objects, Tableau)
- 2 or more years with Agile Methodologies and utilizing the SAFe agile execution framework
USAA ETL Engineers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/25/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.