Director, P&C Pricing and Reserving Actuary (100% Remote Available)
Posted on Oct 22, 2020 by USAA
Applies expert knowledge and experience in Actuarial Analysis to lead a team of Actuaries and analysts through multiple stages of the pricing actuarial value stream from understanding member loss costs through business recommendations of rate, structure, and territorial analysis leading to regulatory filings and implementation within an agile environment. Leads and ensures the prioritization and execution of the West Region business priorities while developing actuarial resources and ensuring the conceptual integrity and quality of the work created by their team accomplishes strategic business goals and objectives. Creates a healthy, collaborative environment and removes barriers to efficiency, effectiveness, and well-being. Works daily to help direct reports grow in their careers and achieve their goals. Actively contributes to shaping the strategy and culture of USAA's Pricing and Product Analytics organization. Ensures key internal metrics are met and stay on track through each quarter and supports the improvement of broader pricing and product analytics capabilities and processes.
Plans, organizes, directs, and staffs actuarial activities required to analyze and achieve target pricing levels. Develops new products or rating structures, actuarial information and application requirements while balancing market and financial goals.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers ? World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Oversees the development of product line pricing assumptions and price structure while ensuring price level objectives are met.
- Directs the development of new products and implementation of process improvements.
- Provides short and long-term planning recommendations for unit objectives by developing and analyzing forecasts.
- Manages and is accountable for the work of assigned employees.
- Performs personnel management functions, including employee selection, team building, project/workload assignment, employee training, monitoring of work activity and performance evaluation.
- Ensures that product prices and designs are congruent with the company's product strategy and goals.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of products and projects.
- Monitors competitive market, industry trends, and professional research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to products, regulations, market conditions, and innovative alternatives to achieve financial and market goals.
- Represents USAA's interest at industry level committee meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years relevant experience.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Five (5) exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience directing modeling efforts
- Demonstrated experience working in a distributive and agile work environment
- Outstanding people management abilities; creates and sustains environment to succeed
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to executive leadership, driving accountability and sense of urgency
- Experience with Regulatory Rate filings communications with various Departments of Insurance
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers .
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/06/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.