Posted on Oct 24, 2020 by Affinity
- Local foods manufacturer is hiring for a Production Supervisor in the blending/mixing department due to an expanding facility
- If you are interested in growth, expansion and making an impact, then this is an opportunity for you as they are looking for this supervisor to own this department and implement 5S, TPM and other lean initiatives
- Local candidates only
- Direct, supervise, lead, and coach a team of 20-30 Full time hourly employees in the blending department
- Supervise plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent practices to produce the highest quality products
- Utilize lean and six-sigma principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to increase production
- Track, improve and ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and down time.
- Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement
- BS/BA strongly preferred; ideally in Engineering, Operations, Food Science, Operations Management, or similar
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Military veteran is a plus
- 2+ years of prior manufacturing supervisory experience is required; must have experience with food mixing/processing, chemical blending, or other mixing/processing/high-speed packaging environments
- Experience with Six-Sigma, Lean manufacturing or other continuous improvement principles is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, a natural leader and able to work in a team environment that utilizes multi-tasking skills
If you have excellent leadership skills from manufacturing and or military, and food manufacturing experience, then send us your resume and we will respond asap!
Military veteran preferred
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.