Production Supervisor II
Posted on Oct 25, 2020 by MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
Directs the activities of one or more Glass Departments in safety, quality and efficiency. Ability to resolve problems relating to his/her area by utilizing the Supervisors to ensure the operational goals of the area(s) are met.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs Supervisors with respect to achieve safety, quality, and production goals set by senior management.
• Ensures Supervisors produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with best manufacturing practices.
• Provides a safe work environment for all team members.
• Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems to minimize their impact on the operations.
• Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
• Responsible for inventory usage and all other department costs.
• Ensures supervisors keep accurate and up-to-date records (I.E. Timecards, Downtime records, Absentee records, etc.)
• Directly responsible for A3 projects, QAR resolution/compliance, STF compliance, Skills Matrix, Scrap reporting/reduction, Back order resolution, TPM compliance.
• Ensure supervisors demonstrate company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
• Ensure supervisors meet customer load dates and all scheduled products are made on-time, accurate, 100% complete
• Ensure supervisors encourage team member suggestions for improving safety, quality, productivity, plant environment.
• Ability to implement team member suggestions to improve MIWD
• Keeps Production Manager informed on operating and/or employee problems, which may require their attention or knowledge.
• Maintains consistent communications and daily department meetings.
• Ensures supervisors have appropriate production records prepared and maintained.
• Keeps records of departmental activities, as required.
• Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department. Provides supervisors the appropriate training to ensure supervisor acquire same skill set.
• Works with Plant / Production Manager to establish accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation for supervisors. Conducts supervisor performance evaluations.
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
• Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
• Minimum 8 years experience in a manufacturing supervisory role, or a 4-year degree in a relevant field plus 3 years in a manufacturing supervisor role.
• Ability to read, interpret and enforce regulations and policies in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, bilingual preferred (Spanish).
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and customers.
• Must have excellent leadership skills.
• Able to train and motivate department personnel, ability to create training presentation and present to a group
• Ability to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the department.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.