Lead Product Designer
Posted on Oct 27, 2020 by CV-Library
Hours: 8.45am – 5.00pm (or equivalent) with 45 minutes for lunch
* This is a Lead Product Designer position within Ford Labs/ Ford Smart Mobility.
* The Lead Product Designer will work as part of a Balanced Team and collaborate with a Product Owner, Product Manager, Engineers and Junior UX/UI Designers to deliver projects and features to support this.
* This is a senior role on the team and would be looking to mentor and grow more junior members.
* IA, Wireframing, Prototyping, UI Design, Usability Testing, Generative research methods, User interviews, Design Strategy, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Adobe CS, Invision, Principle, Origami, Adobe XD, Zeplin, Abstract.
* Jira, GitHub, an understanding of HTML / CSS / JS and APIs.
* 5+ years’ experience in related field.
* Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Experience in training, mentoring, and/or upskilling designers
* Have experience designing applications, from consumer-facing to business applications.
* Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
* Bring together a user-centred approach with business needs and technical feasibility.
* Bring deep experience in at least one of the following facets of design: user research, service design, interaction design, data driven design.
* Have experience and curiosity within agile and lean philosophies.
* Have experience working independently with stakeholders in a consulting role.
* Have experience contributing on cross discipline teams (e.g. working closely with engineering and Product Managers)
* Build and support a positive, impact-oriented, and well-balanced product design team.
* You'll help the designers who report to you grow and accomplish more by setting clear goals, providing direct feedback, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, and ensuring deadlines are met.
* A growth mindset.
* Have experience enabling stakeholders in user-centred design best practices.
* Interest in delivering talks/seminars on design to relevant stakeholders.
* Experience in systems thinking and designing complex multi-sided systems.
* Experience with data visualization
* Understanding of commercial KPIs and the interlinkage with user metrics (design constraints)
* Experience in defining and implementing the product strategy to ensure both quantitative and qualitative customer feedback is driving product plans and design decisions
* Be responsible for design excellence.
* You'll advocate for robust UX frameworks, foster a healthy feedback culture, strike the right balance of design quality and pragmatic progress, and help your team value building great user experiences as an essential part of achieving business goals.
* BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent experience
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we will register your personal information in our database and contact you. We may contact you from time to time about other relevant roles. Your personal information will be securely held. For more information please refer to our privacy notice, a copy of which can be found on our website. – Select Engineering Limited