Production Supervisor - UniFirst
Posted on Oct 30, 2020 by Unifirst
This position is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Production Supervisor to join our UniFirst family. As a Production Supervisor, you will be a key player in helping to lead the production team and drive top level performance. Our Production schedule runs daytime hours Monday through Friday, because in UniFirst culture, we believe nights and weekends should be reserved for personal and family time.
What's in it for you?
Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our General Managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you'll be doing:
- Training, mentoring, and guiding plant personnel to success while maintaining morale and safety. You will be responsible for assuring adequate level of performance, discipline, integrity, and productivity of employees
- Scheduling and assuring an adequate level of trained employees on the plant floor
- Reporting and resolving operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays to maintain alignment with budget expectations
- Performing production reporting on incentives and productivity
- Inspecting machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Working with the location manager to develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with company, federal, and state safety and occupational regulations
- Implementing quality programs communicated by the quality system and quality policy
- Working with Production Manager to resolve worker grievances or submit unsettled grievances to General Manager for action
*Tasks can be subject to change based on Manager's direction
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 2 -4 years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and general public
- Valid non-commercial driver's license and a safe driving record
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies" list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to or call to let us know the nature of your request.