Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by NTT Data
The Project Manager manages performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and other key project management activities and behaviors. This person leads effective workgroups, assigns tasks, identifies issues, escalates risks, follows up and reports status as required.
Positions General Duties and Tasks
* Creates, manages, and understands impacts to project scope, constraints and schedule. Manages projects according to work plan. Performs critical path analysis.
* Develops and routinely reassesses project budgets to account for variances and ensures accuracy. Creates budget reports to compare actual with forecasted costs.
* Creates performance and status reports for relevant stakeholders.
* Develops and manages project risk and issue management plans. Analyzes risks by probability and severity to assess their impact on project delivery. Implements procedures to mitigate risk threats.
* Utilizes available tools for identifying and tracking issues such as the Delivery Risk Assessment, risk workshops, and clarity.
* Develops project organization chart and governance structures. Defines roles and responsibilities of team members.
* Defines processes and standards around governance, communication, and quality. Develops deliverable acceptance plans and criteria.
* Identifies and develops strategy for changes in scope, schedule, and cost. Develops strategic rationale for change including costs, benefits, tradeoffs, etc.
* Creates transition plan, identifies lessons learned, and applies the lessons learned to future projects.
* Identifies and manages project and program interdependencies.
* Establish program objectives; develop requirements, plan schedules and estimate cost.
* Balance stakeholder needs and effectively negotiate tradeoffs between scope, schedule, and budget.
* Balance needs of multiple stakeholders and gains buy-in from groups who may be resistant to change
* Bachelor's degree in a business or related field is required
* 5+ years of Financial Services Industry in a project management function (Banking, wealth and capital markets, risk, and insurance.)
* 50% travel required
* Consulting experience highly preferred
* Industry specific consulting experience (FSI, Manufacturing, Healthcare)
* Merger & acquisition experience
* Recent experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint, and Visio
* PMP/CAPM Certification
* Experience as a project manager, utilizing project management methodologies and disciplines, best practices, and artifacts in both Waterfall and SCRUM environments
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.