Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Cardlytics
If you have a bank account or a credit card, chances are good that you've seen our platform in action. By running the cash-back rewards programs for Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and other financial institutions we place targeted, relevant, measurable ads in front of 150 million US consumers - more monthly active users (MAUs) than Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
Cardlytics is the largest walled garden you've never heard of. We see one in every two card swipes across the US, covering over $3T in purchases. This puts us in a unique position. We can help marketers predict consumer shopping preferences based on actual purchase data, and then use that data to reach bank consumers with offers they will love.
Cardlytics is looking to bring on their first in-house leader of Internal Audit. The position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, work closely with the Controller and General Counsel, be responsible for presenting to the Audit Committee and partner with external audit firms.
In this role you will establish and lead an internal audit department, coordinate all administrative functions with regard to the audit team and support all IT, financial and operational audits, including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and special projects as assigned.
What you will accomplish
- Assist the Audit Committee in discharge of its fiduciary responsibilities by providing written and oral quarterly updates on status and results of audits and providing insight on the control environment and trends.
- Participate in C-suite discussions on IT, operational and financial processes and share control and operational improvements to mitigate risk and improve operational functions.
- Lead special projects as requested by the executive team or Audit Committee.
- Develop a deep understanding of the unique and complex processes and systems used to facilitate the flow of transaction data from our bank partners.
- Create credibility to be viewed as a respected leader of internal audit and senior member of the broader Finance organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners at all levels to identify and respond to emerging risk issues on a timely basis.
- Drive continuous improvement of the department by bringing leading practice frameworks, audit process improvements, and thought leadership.
- Over time, will assemble, develop and manage a team of audit professionals to execute audits and projects, providing direction and ongoing coaching and development.
Skills and experiences that will make you successful
- Strong knowledge of services and systems prevalent in large-scale public technology or media organizations to manage data, customer relationships and employees (eg homegrown applications, AWS/cloud environments, Salesforce, Ultipro and Jira).
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and accounting processes prevalent in large-scale public technology or media organizations.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment, and accept ownership of the process.
- Ability to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of departments and cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly-organized with strong analytical and project/people management skills.
- Collaborative but assertive in articulating points of view related to risks, observations and remediation strategies.
- The ability to thoroughly analyze complex business issues and identify areas of risk and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- 7+ years of progressive experience with clear advancement toward more complex duties and responsibilities.
- Experience within an internal audit organization and Big 4 or similar public, client-service audit firm.
- Experience at a publicly traded company preferred.
- Experience in technology or media industry preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certifications.
- Bachelors/Master's degree in accounting, audit, finance, business, information systems or related field.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills for use in analysis, reporting and data management.