Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by SAIC
The Leasing Principal acts as the main customer facing point of contact for the development real estate strategies and transactions within the company. They touch all functional departments of the organization that occupy owned or leased facilities nationwide and inclusive of corporate offices, administrative and field offices, warehouses, manufacturing, distribution and research and development facilities. Working as a partner in the business process, this position gathers business requirements and develops cost effective real estate solutions in alignment with the needs of the business including parameters for location, lease vs. own, length of lease term, financial commitment, exit strategies and operating expense budgets - all of which influence the scope, timing and strategic business decisions. This role is in our Reston, VA location.
The Leasing Principal assists with the management of Company's real estate portfolio by
- Acting as a primary the POC between key business units, IT, Corp Security and third party vendors to develop real estate strategies that align with and support the companies initiatives.
- Creating reports that track critical lease dates, occupancy and other real estate metrics.
- Generating cost analysis that include, leasing, construction and op-ex costs to support expansions, contractions and renewals as well as bid and proposal work.
- Collaborating with real estate attorneys and local brokers to ensure terms and conditions of leases are favorable to Company.
- Working closely with occupancy planners and project managers to develop program requirements, space plans, and SOW's on a project by project basis.
- Supporting the CRE finance team by providing pertinent information for financial planning forecasts and project financial analysis.
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience.
- General knowledge required in leasing, architecture, construction project management and customer relationship management.
- Experience working in a corporate government contracting environment preferred.