Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Scrum Master with Octo, you will join an Agile program responsible for the development, maintenance, security, and operational support of new and existing applications. You will guide and coach the development team on using Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
This program will support the agency's Information Technology mission to provide development and operational support of new and existing legacy mission-enabling applications. The team will work to modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services and leveraging a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
- Engage the Product Owner, Technical Leads, and other stakeholders to groom the requirements backlog and remove impediments.
- Guide the development team in decomposing features and aligning them with program level architectural and development patterns.
- Coaches the team in Agile principles, to include self-organization and cross-functional skillset.
- Facilitates and supports all Agile Ceremonies such as daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint review/demos, program increment planning, and retrospectives.
- Collect, display, and report sprint and program metrics such as burndown and velocity.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of agile lifecycle tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of organization
- Scrum Master certification, such as CSM, SAFe, or PMI-ACP
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
- Ability to connect technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Innovative thinking - ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience in the IT field working on Agile Teams
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
Location: DC Metro Area
Clearance: U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $180k Annual