Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Program Manager with Octo, you will join our growing team in support of a Federal customer. You will provide leadership, oversight, and management of the full contract.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
The Program Mission
The mission of our customer is to deliver the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to the government and ultimately save money for the American taxpayer.
- Developing Account and project management approaches to include supporting multiple programs in the areas of telecommunications, operational support systems, full life cycles acquisitions, acquisition tools, and cloud and mobile strategies.
- Developing and implementing program controls, managing and supervising employees with similar labor categories and skills on projects similar in size and scope.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating activities related to complex IT support service contracting.
- Preparing briefings, studies, and other analyses for presentation to management officials and stakeholders.
- Interacting with senior Agency executives as well as senior government technical management and operational personnel.
- Experience managing programs that include telecommunications
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to direct, coordinate and exercise supervisory authority for planning, organizing, controlling, integrating and completing projects, including developing and implementing procedures and guidelines for daily program operation.
- Track record of executing and implementing program directives and developing systems and controls to carry out program tasks.
- Determines work schedules, sets priorities and implements procedures for performing work activities.
- Directs and monitors work to meet customer requirements, specifications and quality assurance standards.
- Evaluates performance of assigned program tasks in terms of quality, cost control and program schedules.
- Prepares project estimates and work plans using company experience on prior projects and the proprietary company methods and tools for planning and estimating projects.
- Prepares and presents project status reports to company and client management.
- Resolves project staffing and planning issues.
- Provides expert guidance at the highest expert levels.
- Contributes knowledge, technical skills, and functional experience to achieve project objectives.
- Monitors the critical path of all projects that they are involved with and works closely with all direct reports and the respective government project manager to ensure that schedule does not slip.
- Active PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Program Management Professional Certification (PgMP)
- ITIL Certification
- Previous government contract experience
Years of Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$130k - $170k Annual
$120k - $180k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual