Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a DevSecOps Lead with Octo, you will join an Agile program responsible for the development, maintenance, security, and operational support of new and existing applications. You will be the go-to resource for supporting the CI/CD pipeline, cloud modernization, zero-downtime deployments, architecture runway, and spearheading innovation with new technologies. You are agile, fearless, enthusiastic, empathic, and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
You will be working on a high-profile program for the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) maintaining and transforming mission critical applications. In addition to sustaining Legacy applications, the team will be developing loosely coupled micro-services, and leveraging a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
Skills & Requirements
- Responsible for management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications
- Spearhead the creation of new technology infrastructures, recommends deployment of configuration management and automation tools
- Responsible for the automation of all manual tasks for the building and deployment of both code and data in order to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks
- Enable the automation of configuration management of all development, quality assurance, and production Servers as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Responsible for creation of software deployment strategies that allow DevSecOps engineers to successfully deploy sites/software in any environment
- Conduct training on junior DevSecOps engineers and other engineering teams on how to build processes where dependencies are represented clearly in code
- Keep up with industry best practices and trends on behalf of the DevSecOps team; conducts research, tests, and implements metrics collection systems that can be reused and applied to any software development project
- Experience with IT Operations
- Proven Experience in automation using (Shell, Python, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience in configuring and managing continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Infrastructure automation experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform and CloudFormation
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as Jira/Confluence
- Agile certification such as SAFe Agilist or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience working with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Years of Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline
Location: DC Metro Area
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required, ability to receive a CBP BI