Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Contracts Manager at Octo, you will work with the Contracts team, Proposal team, and client facing company VPs and PMs on contractual matters including both pre-award and post-award activities. Contracts Manager will be responsible for activities associated with proposal development/submittal and the full life-cycle management of all assigned contracts.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
- Performing contract management duties relating to various types of federal government and commercial contracts such as Multiple Award Contracts, IDIQ Contracts, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and other corporate agreements.
- Leading contract negotiations and providing contractual domain expertise in implementation, execution and administration for competitive type contracts, sole source, and directed awards.
- Preparing formal contract correspondence and ensuring compliance with contractual terms and conditions, federal and state regulations and restrictions, as well as internal management objectives of existing and new business activities.
- Overseeing various contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Reimbursable and hybrids) and executing contract awards and modifications.
- Providing trusted partner support, guidance and leadership to the Business Unit and supporting cross-functional business team members to identify risk assessment and mitigation.
- Interacting regularly with finance department, project controllers, senior management and customer Contracting Officers.
- Reviewing and resolving all issues affecting company compliance and ensuring satisfaction of legal requirements, company and customer objectives.
- Applying understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues, as well as profit and loss implications.
- Maintaining contractual files in accordance with company requirements.
- Reviewing proposal documents to ensure compliance with regulations, directives, laws, statutes, and corporate policies as well as compliance with RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Providing proposal input as appropriate (eg, contract management approach, subcontractor management, representations and certifications, etc.).
- Capability to mentor lower-level contract staff.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience overseeing all contract types (FFP, T&M, Cost Reimbursable and hybrids)
- Demonstrated understanding of FAR/DFARS, GSA Federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC contracts and supplemental government acquisition regulations
- GSA Schedule experience preferred
Years of Experience: 7+ years of government contracting experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Customer service oriented; must be detail-oriented
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal direction and supervision independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; build trusted partnership with internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Strong negotiation skills
- CFCM, CPCM, PMP, Lean Six Sigma or other applicable certifications a plus
Location: Reston, VA
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.