Senior Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Skrill
About Paysafe Group (Paysafe) is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over US $80 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 200 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, Real Time analytics, and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
Paysafe is looking for a Business Systems Analyst Payments Data to pioneer us and our systems forward. Your frontier is our 3,000 employees, a pipeline of data projects with over 7,000+ individual data points in 500+ database tables and the workflows and systems using the data.
You will be in the Finance organization in this role, with systems and programs supporting business analytics, customer profitability, financial reporting, expense management but also engaging business functions such as Information Technology, Risk and Operations teams. You will be in a highly visible position, working closely with a wide variety of leaders across the globe from software engineers and database administrators to marketing teams, sales teams, and vice presidents.
This role will require you to bring all your knowledge and skill of data systems and processes to solve a plethora of challenges and opportunities improving Paysafe for our employees, customers, and investors.
- Be our payments data systems guru: Where the data is coming from, going to, thru which systems.
- Measures the success of data systems/processes: How are they performing? How much data are they moving? How fast? How accurate? How many people are using them?
- Designs new data pipelines by analyzing requirements, meeting with Business stakeholders, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications (business requirements).
- Responsible for effective communication between Business and Technical stakeholders thru the software development lifecycle. You are the go-between translator, helping each side of the house better understand the problems and solutions they are proposing to the other.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining:
- Operational and maintenance procedures in collaboration with the Information Technology team.
- System validation and quality control procedures with the Quality Control team.
- Documenting enhancements and defects.
- User Guides and Program Reference Guides in collaboration with Knowledge Base Technical Writer to make it easy for people to know how to use systems.
- You will be the main contact point for both Information Technology and Business for problems, procedures, controls around data systems and pipelines (where the data is coming from, going to, thru which systems). For example, when a data file is identified as defective you will identify the problems, propose resolutions, and collaborate with Payments Data Project Manager to pull in needed parties to get it working.
- Meets regularly with Information Technology, InfoSec, Data Governance, Security, Risk, Business Readiness, Privacy, etc building strong relationships across Paysafe so your colleagues know:
- What new, exciting things are happening with our data systems? Is there an impact to other systems we should be considering? How are existing systems doing?
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years business analyst experience, software development life cycle planning such as (the following are just examples, experience in each of these areas is not required):
- Systems requirements analysis, requirements documentation, business process modeling/design, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, business data management, logical data modeling, I.T. vendor solution analysis/sourcing, systems demand management, systems integration, test automation, defect tracking.
- 2+ years experience in data-related systems building such as (the following are just examples, experience in each of these areas is not required):
- Datacenter migrations, projects connecting systems together for example getting customer relationship data in and out of Salesforce, projects connecting systems and getting them talking to each other, getting Business Intelligence systems up and running, data movement via API, data migration from onsite to offsite public cloud, extract/transform/load ( ETL ) projects, data lake projects, data mart projects, creating data warehouses, getting new data into operational data stores, data cleansing projects, data cubes, migrating an accounting team off Excel spreadsheets to a new payroll vendor.
- 2+ years of SQL experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or similar.
- Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience with ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, Alteryx, etc.), data warehouses and data cubes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.