Mid - Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by VeriSign
At Verisign, we focus on improving engineering experience and productivity across the organization. To help us empower engineers, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to fill the role of Tools and Productivity Engineer.
An ideal candidate should deeply care about productivity and automation, be fluent in one or two programming languages, have full-stack experience, and be eager to learn as needed. They should have an understanding of fundamentals including core Computer Science concepts accompanied by hands-on problem-solving experience involving automation, continuous delivery, and building task-specific tools. Ideally, with scalability, maintainability, and performance in mind.
The candidate will be involved in all aspects of engineers productivity improvements, including ideation, design, implementation, deployment, and promotion of productivity-enhancing solutions. This will often imply regular cross-team collaboration with Engineering, Security, and Operations. We expect the candidate to take full ownership of the improvements, regularly communicating with multiple engineering teams, proactively identifying, prioritizing, and solving their common productivity issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience; Masters Degree in engineering discipline is a bonus. We remain open to diverse career paths.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in software engineering
- Competencies allowing to bring noticeable improvements in some of the areas mentioned below:
- shared productivity tools and libraries, primarily in Python, and Java
- tools for preventing and resolving production issues
- common modules for Ansible and Terraform
- feature and performance testing approaches
- common Docker images
- static code analyzers and their rule configurations
- automation around ensuring system compliance
- shared and reusable Jenkins pipelines and libraries