Technical Team Lead
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Technical Team Lead at Octo, you will support a highly visible web application development effort for a Federal Government client. You will be responsible for leading web application and web service implementations across one or more teams in a highly Agile environment using the latest technologies.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
Skills & Requirements
What wed like to see...
- Responsible for providing technical direction to Agile Teams, remove dependencies and help ensure delivery of development efforts.
- Responsible for the design, development and engineering of REST and SOAP web services.
- Responsible for coding and documenting quality code using best practices, such as unit test integration.
- Responsible for troubleshooting system issues related to software applications.
- Responsible for providing updates in daily Agile Scrums, providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required.
- Strong working knowledge of web services environments, languages, and formats such as RESTful APIs, SOAP, FTP/SFTP, HTML, XML, and JSON
- Expertise in Java and Spring Boot framework to develop enterprise applications
- Knowledge of container solutions such as Docker
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience working in a SAFE Agile environment
- Working knowledge or experience with Selenium a plus
Years of Experience: A minimum of 7+ years of development experience
Education: Bachelor's degree
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.