Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Gables Search Group
We are looking for a skilled engineer to provide engineering support to the machine building side of the business as well as sales. Long term projects would be to design new products, reduce cost of goods sold by building and developing our machining capabilities in our machining department to manufacture parts in house to support our machine building activities. This job also includes process drawings using AutoCAD Inventor, AutoCAD, or Solid Works. Create 3D models out of 2D prints as well as Create 2D manufacturing drawings out of 3D models. Design and draw up tools, fixtures, and anything the shop floor needs to complete their work more efficiently. Design and draw out projects to ensure function before machine builds. Organize database of technical drawings. Work with vendors on drawing clarifications and part requirements.
2. Time Management.
3. Organization Skills.
4. Proficient in 3D and 2D cad systems
5. Project Management.
6. Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
Some travel to vendors or customers will possibly occur
Required Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skill sets (intermediate level)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and data management skills
- The ability to work independently under tight deadlines is essential in this fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a Start-up organization environment with unknown processes and procedures.
- 3-5 years or more experience in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 3-5 years or more experience using 3D CAD is required
- 3-5 years or more in machining, machine design, automotive component design, design of any sort of assemblies, manufacturing process design experience or equivalent experience desired.
BSME or associates related degree required
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$70k - $70k Annual