Molding Process Engineer
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Gables Search Group
We are seeking a Molding Process Engineer for a solid Chicago manufacturing firm.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of process engineering activities for industrial processes, materials and products by performing the following duties.
- Develops and initiates Molding Manufacturing Process evaluations and improvements.
- Develop and implement new molding manufacturing processes
- Provide technical advice and expertise for the assigned manufacturing processes as well as any other related areas.
- Develops, issues, updates and maintains production routings and work/equipment instructions for manufactured products.
- Leads and directs Continuous Improvement initiatives for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost within the department.
- Other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- Coordinates, supports, and directs Process Engineering activities for molding department.
- Master's in Plastics/Polymer Processing or Materials or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5+ years of experience in molding process.
- 3+ years of project management and leadership experience.
- 2+ years of experience with molding manufacturing processes.
- Strong knowledge of polymer compounds and materials
- Experience with DoE trials