Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by VeriSign
Verisign, a leader in domain names and Internet infrastructure, enables Internet navigation for many of the world's most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key Internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global Internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team responsible for building, managing, maintaining and scaling operational infrastructure on which our mission-critical services are deployed or depend. We prize engineering professionals who are equipped with great technical skills and attitudes that motivate those around them. We seek individuals with a sense of purpose and for whom detail and craftsmanship are of their essence; individuals that are curious, demonstrate initiative, and love solving problems.
Installation, configuration and maintenance of production, QA and development environments in which Verisign applications are deployed; environments include servers, operating systems, Openstack, and automation tools
- Development of deployment automation tools using Jenkins, Ansible and SaltStack
- Development of enabling infrastructure using Terraform, Vault and Consul
- Documentation of processes, procedures and configurations
- Coordination with other technical staff to implement systems and software
- Performance of daily operations support functions, including problem isolation and resolution
- Documentation of processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans
- Regularly reporting progress to management
Our ideal candidate will have a unique blend of impeccable technical skills and a desire to work as part of a team to grow themselves and those around them. The team does not deploy customer applications, but instead engineers and operates enabling infrastructure. The candidate must have:
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of experience developing and operating mission-critical systems
- 3+ years hands-on experience with OpenStack in an SRE role
- Excellent understanding of Linux configuration and administration
- Strong automation experience. Not just developing automation, but knowing why we automate and what to automate
- Strong understanding of infrastructure-as-code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - able to clearly and succinctly describe complex issues
- Familiarity with networking protocols and systems
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.