Senior Accounting Manager
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Skrill
About Paysafe Group:
Paysafe Group (Paysafe) is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing and online cash solutions.
With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over US $80 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 200 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world.
Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, Real Time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
The Senior Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. This person will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
The Senior Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
The ideal candidate has strong leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible in their approach, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manages the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participates in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participates in strategic financial special projects
- Ensures compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Collaborates with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyzes the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Makes recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepares detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assists with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Works with Audit, Tax and Treasury Manager to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Prepares summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively reviews and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Coaches, mentors, and manage other accountants
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of progressive general accounting experience with 8 years leading a team across multiple accounting functions - A/P, A/R, G/L
- Strong Financial Reporting experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- Recent public accounting experience preferred
- CPA Certification preferred
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
- Strong technical and analytical skills including full knowledge of GAAP, prior experience in Corporate reporting structure, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient background of financial computer skills and proven ability to manage projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with large ERP and reporting packages, Oracle EBS and Blackline experience is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.