Senior Controls Engineer
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Automationtechies
Why work here?
- NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL - all client within the Indianapolis area
- Full responsibility of projects from Cradle-to-grave and work directly with clients
- Excellent compensation including bonus program
- Benefits including healthcare allowance and 401k matching
- Design, develop, maintain projects that involve controls or automation
- Troubleshoot programmable logic controllers (PLC), human machine interfaces (HMI), batching systems and other supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) software
- Provide field troubleshooting, start-up and commissioning support
- Perform complex problem-solving tasks that involve reviewing information, actively detecting problems, developing, and evaluating options, selecting, and implementing the best solutions
- Understand complex plant floor operations and make decisions by proactively examining all available information and making timely decisions
- Communicate with clients, support channels, and vendors on a regular basis
- Research new features and technologies for solution concepts
- Project Management tasks including define project scopes, develop schedules, and coordinate activities across teams.
- 5+ years of industrial automation experience with hands-on systems integration experience
- PLC Programming: Preferable Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, RSLogix 5000, and Siemens knowledge is a plus
- HMI Proficiency: Rockwell Software FactoryTalk View SE/ME or Wonderware System, Platform & Wonderware InTouch
- Industrial Communications & Network Proficiency: EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, ControlNet, DeviceNet, AS-Interface, Profibus, Modbus
- Plant Floor IO Proficiency: Variable Frequency Drives, Instrumentation, Calibration
- Familiarity with Database Servers: MSSQL Servers or MySQL, data storage, reporting, and security
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.