Burnaby - Amazon Owner Operator Cargo Van Driver
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by ParcelPal
***All applicants please note this job is to apply online only. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Please do not call Rubicon or The Client unless a phone number is provided in the ad. Thank you.***
ParcelPal is looking for Delivery Associates!
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for responsible, self-motivated individuals with strong customer service skills to join our last-mile delivery team. As a delivery associate in our company, you will have the opportunity to work with us and our partners to deliver a top of the line customer service experience to end customers. Every package has a story behind it, efficiently delivering them with a smile is your contribution to it.
ParcelPal at a glance:
Our team is made up of driven, forward-thinking individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer, we value honest, trustworthy and passionate individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
About the job: Using your own van and our scanning device you will deliver packages in Surrey, Delta, Langley, Burnaby, or New Westminster, starting and ending each day at Burnaby Lake. We operate 7 days per week, so weekend availability is essential. Start times are 8 am for wave 1 and 11:30 am for wave 2. Both waves are typically 10.5 hours long.
Please Note: ParcelPal only has full-time, NO PART-TIME, positions for drivers and dispatchers ONLY.
We DO NOT hire for or have any connection to the Amazon warehouse jobs.
What we offer:
- Wages starting at $21.50/hour, Employee position, taxes etc. deducted.
- $25/day gas reimbursement
- Full-time hours with daily overtime (x1.5 after 8 hours, x2 after 12 hours)
- Performance bonuses
- A fun and supportive culture centered around high performance
- Flexibility with time-off requests.
- Extended Medical and Dental benefits after 6 months.
All candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- You own a safe, insured, and reliable cargo van (Ford Transit F-250, Chevy Express 2500, Savanna, or similar cargo van. No mini-vans or box trucks) no older than 10 years which you are comfortable using for delivery.
- Are physically capable of working 10.5 hours daily and can lift up to 50lbs
- Are comfortable getting in and out of a van multiple times a day
- Have proper footwear (there will be lots of free cardio)
- Have the ability and are willing to work 4 or 5 days per week, any day of the week including Saturday and Sundays
- Are reliable, and available for full-time work
- Are tech-savvy and have a smartphone with a data plan
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma
- Have a valid BC Class 5 drivers license and clean drivers abstract (full license, no N)
- No driver's license suspensions within the previous five years
- No DUI/DWI within five previous years
- Are able to pass a criminal background check
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have reliable transportation to and from the Production Way sky train station. Our preferred candidate will have:
- A strong driving or courier background
- The ability and willingness to change a tire when needed
- A strong customer service background
- An outgoing, friendly, cooperative personality
- Strong time management skills
- A sense of comradery and team ownership.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
**All applicants please note this job is to apply online only. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Please do not call Rubicon or The Client unless a phone number is provided in the ad. Thank you.***