Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Affinity
An international company, known as a leader in container and load-handling equipment and services, is seeking a Project Director to lead their Ports and Intermodal projects in the Americas. You will be the managing director for large scale automation projects including massive robots, deployed to the heart of the biggest cities in the world. Help to enable the global logistic chain to operate more efficiently, safely and with a smaller environmental footprint.
The Project Director will organize, manage, and plan high value and complex projects for the organization's Terminal Automation Solutions Division. Role will include working in a global Matrix organization, together with manufacturing locations and competence centers, and local market area organization. You will be surrounded by highly motivated, engaged and skilled teams working with state-of-the-art projects and technology in a global environment with a joint vision of revolutionizing the industry together.
This company offers a challenging, rewarding and diverse working environment where they value passion and commitment with competitive compensation and best-in-class benefits packages.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as managing director of short and long term projects including large scale automation projects in the Americas
- Profit & loss responsibility towards the relevant business lines and project steering group
- Contract Management
- Financial and Project Control
- Leadership, management, recruitment and development of direct and indirect reports and subcontractors
- Project resource management
- Consolidates project plan from subplans
- Proactively addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
- Ownership of master schedule and steers consolidation of subschedules
- Drives change management, decision maker on changes to project plan
- Critical project decisions
- Drives continuous improvement and steers lessons learned
- Communicates and collaborates with sales and marketing teams to provide training and information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, safety and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- +5 years Project Management and Contract Management Experience
- Experience and knowledge around automation, software development and heavy machinery
- Experience in marine and/or intermodal container terminals preferred
- Ability to work and lead in a global Matrix organization combining many different cultures and ways of working
- Lead with purpose and ability to set and follow clear priorities, goals and objectives in very complex and demanding environment
- Able to interact fluently with all levels of the organization internally and externally
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 30-40%)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to quickly learn about the project and product being developed and delivered
- Ability to understand complex technical solutions and have dialogue in all levels of the organization internally and externally
- Proficient with Google Office Suite, SAP, MS Project and Salesforce