Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Affinity
Specific Job Duties:
- Supervise bargaining unit employees to insure safe, efficient manufacture of quality products to meet our customer requirements.
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including: ensuring accuracy of receipts and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area, ensuring associates are following all scanning procedures for both receiving and shipping, actively auditing warehouse areas for correct products and procedures, keeping employees motivated and on task, and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Oversee all warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in scrap reduction, safety, and process improvements.
- Provide clear expectations and hold team members accountable while providing continual feedback.
- Provide associates with inspiration, direction & coaching to achieve work objectives.
- Develop team members to become self sufficient with regard to completing their work responsibilities effectively.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- Promote, maintain and develop lean manufacturing practices.
- Issue disciplinary actions as necessary per HR
- Manage employee training program as directed by HR
- Complete Fast Track Response packets as necessary
- Complete company audits per company programs
- Hold line-side team meetings to present line and company information
- Advise employees regarding alerts and have sign-offs completed
- Understanding and comprehension of OSHA standards of PIT
- Daily production reporting
- Good computer including typing and the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task and follow direction
- Ideal candidate will possess at least two years experience directly supervising Warehouse functions, preferably in automotive.
- Successful candidates will also possess strong judgment/decision making skills, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.