Senior Manager Global Demand Planning
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Job Juncture
Sr. Manager Global Demand Planning-Pittsburgh PA
Competitive salary and benefits-22B Life Science client
The Senior Manager, Demand Planning, will be responsible for developing and executing Demand Plan and inventory plans that will enable the company to meet sales and service objectives through collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, and customer support teams.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates; Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation
- Involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect
- Requires strong managerial aptitude and is responsible for shorter-term (1-2 years) functional deliverables or results. May manage through lower-level managers or supervisors
- Align the unconstrained demand forecast with the commercial and product management teams and assure sign off commercial on the demand plan (Regional level) ?
- Align the demand plan with the site planning team to assure the right net demand to be loaded to the site (Global level for the sites within region) ?
- Communicate constraints and allocations to the BU, customer, and sales teams (SOP needed) (Regional level) ?
- Drive gap allocation processes together with other regions and the site planning team (lead by the analytics team) for long term strategic planning) (Regional level) ?
- Manage the manual allocation process for day-to-day execution ?
- Conduct the SIOP demand review meetings, bridge regional plan to regional financial plan) (Regional level)?
- Ensure SKU unit/case demand alignment with BU and Operations (Global level for the sites within region) ?
- Define the parameters for the Hub location and maintain master data (Regional) ?
- Define the inventory position on hub location in alignment with central inventory controlling (Regional)?
- Define the supply chain setup at hub level, eg MTO vs MTS vs MTF in alignment with the site planning team and the central inventory controlling (Regional)?
- Drive the product segmentation and alignment with commercial to decide on the right supply chain setup (Global)?
- Plan ramp up and ramp down scenarios for new product introductions and product discontinuations?
- Key contact for regional commercial lead (Regional)?
- Communication to customer care on lead times and order status
- Communication between regional hubs on status of internal shipments (Global)?
- Finished Goods Inventory Health (E&O, MOQs, SS) (Global)?
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience with 3+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated expertise in ERP/MRP Planning systems, including all relevant planning parameters such as inventory controls, replenishment, warehouse management and procurement functionality in ERP and best-of-breed software solutions is strongly preferred, with specific emphasis on SAP ECC, EWM and APO
- APICS certification is preferred
- Relevant experience in the Life Science or Medical Device industry is preferred
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, intermediate/journey-level position.
- Requires applying knowledge of business practices, methodologies, and/or principles in the execution of short-term (1-2 years) functional deliverables or results.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Strong knowledge or planning and purchasing systems.
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level.