CEO/Administrator Long Term Care
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Job Juncture
The CEO/Administrator is responsible for the overall direction of center operations. The CEO/Administrator administers, directs and coordinates services and activities of the Center to assure that the highest degree of quality is consistently provided to residents, patients and other customers.
- Implements center objectives as determined by governing body
- Contributes to the development and revision of policies, procedures, guidelines, tools and systems that govern and guide center practices.
- Communicates to ROM when policy enforcement is not attainable.
- Ensures resident's rights are maintained, including confidentiality of resident information, honoring resident's personal property, etc.
- Leads Interdisciplinary Center team in daily activities, establishing an atmosphere/culture of respect, dignity and achievement
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with residents, patients, visitors, vendors, employees, and other individuals. Includes addressing concerns or grievances
- Ensures mandatory reporting requirements regarding abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation are followed
- Oversees and guides department managers in the use of departmental policies and procedures, work tools, promoting professional standards, and other management responsibilities
- Promotes favorable public relations and serves as a spokesperson and role model in representing the Center in the community
- Meets with licensing authorities as required and accompanies/assists them throughout inspection or survey activity
- Communicates any and all notifications, requests or correspondence from governing or legal entities to appropriate positions within home office
- Ensures credentialing of independent contracted practitioners
- Communicates with and facilitates role, functions and participation of Medical Director
- Oversees physical plant and plant operations, conducts rounds on a regular basis and ensures a safe, pleasant atmosphere
- Chairs, or actively leads, Center safety program. Maintains an up-to-date disaster preparedness plan for Center. Ensures safety equipment and information throughout Center is maintained
- Communicates any safety concerns to ROM that include plant or equipment concerns that require resources above and beyond what center has access to
- Serves as consultant for admissions, transfers and discharges
- Reviews, evaluates and addresses work performance for staff. Participates in hiring, disciplinary action, firing, as indicated. Follows and oversees personnel requirements as listed in policies, procedures, employee handbook
- Leads, conducts, and/or participates in committee meetings that include Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement, Customer Care, Policy, Infection Control, Safety, Pharmacy, etc.
- Interviews and hires department heads and other staff positions within Center, as indicated
- Confers with home office personnel and contracted consultants concerning needs, problem areas, solutions and follows through on reports and recommendations from such
- Participates in preparation of annual budget for Center and each department
- Monitors financial controls and reports, communicates with governing body, implements corrective action and budgetary constraints as required
- Leads in accounts receivable activity, following outlined measures in collection; communicate with home office billing department on regular basis; participate in weekly Medicare meetings and monthly triple-check
- Maintains professional licensure, continuing education, knowledge of current professional standards and practices. Promotes professional growth of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned/requested
Great place to live and raise a family. Beautiful country and great people. Very well run and growing company.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATION:
Graduate of an accredited program at the baccalaureate level or above
Professional license, in good standing, as Nursing Home Administrator in state of WV (or license/transfer eligible)
Minimum of one (1) year experience in customer service, management and preferably health care
Proficient with computers; prefer experience with Point Click Care (PCC) and Microsoft Office.