Become a Certified Pharmacy Technician
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Pill Pack by Amazon Pharmacy
Join the team & start earning TODAY! $16.50 starting pay!
This role requires a PTCB or NHA Pharmacy Certification as well as Indiana Pharmacy Technician license.
PillPack is a pharmacy that makes it simple to take the right medications at the right time. We combine convenient packaging, modern technology, and personalized service to create a system that enables people to take the right medications every day, this means they can spend less time dealing with error-prone pill boxes or manual solutions and more time doing the things they enjoy.
We tive on friendly and creative team energy, aiming for an environment that is both productive and comfortable. We value team building where everyone is working hard to make a huge impact on the company together. We want someone who loves coming to work every day, and most importantly, cares deeply about their team and adding value.
Why you''ll love the PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy Team!
*Career Growth: Join the team that will be taking pharmacy to the next level. Many of our technicians have developed into Trainers, Team Leads, and Managers. The opportunities are endless!
.Earn More: Competitive wages beginning at $16.50/hourly, and eligible for a pay raise every 6 months tough our Employee Step Program
*Non Retail Environment: Enjoy casual dress code and non-retail environment that the pharmacy has to offer
*Amazon employee discount
.Amazon Benefits: Medical & Dental begin DAY 1. PTO & Vacation that begins accruing immediately, as well as a 401k plan! This is inclusive of domestic partners and children!For more information on the amazing benefits, please visit
PillPack by Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what PillPack and Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page . Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the state board of pharmacy
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Work daily with Leadership to ensure the right medications are put in the right packets
- Run automated machinery required to pre-sort and package medications
- Fill exception trays with appropriate medication
- Transition PillPacks tough different workflow stages from initial dispense tough quality control
- Count and fill prescription vials and affix labels on bulk prescription items
- Pack and ship completed PillPacks including printing and affixing appropriate labels on dispenser, shipping boxes
- Sort and triage the right boxes to ship at the right time
- Aid the distribution manager and distribution pharmacists with receiving, shipping, counting, and packing
- Clean, and help maintain, equipment and work areas
- Package medications for dispensing and for delivery
- Work a flexible schedule - shifts will possibly start and end outside of normal business hours
- Perform other tasks assigned while working in a fast paced environment
- Standing during shifts lasting up to 12 hours (standard Full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 49 lbs in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 12 hours (standard Full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 49 lbs in weight for 12 hours (standard Full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Indiana State Board of Pharmacy License in good standing (This includes Pharmacy Technician, Trainee, and Assistant Licenses)
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB or NHA)
- 6+ months of relevant experience working with computer and web based tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and identify patient medications
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
- $16.50/hourly for Certified Pharmacy Technician (NHA or PTCB)
- Sunday - Wednesday 7:30a-6:00p
- Wednesday - Saturday 7:30a-6:00p
- *Orientation on Sunday and Wednesday depending on shift hired for
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that is on a mission to reinvent pharmacy and improve peoples'' lives. Benefits of being a Full time employee at PillPack include, but are not limited to:
Full medical, dental, vision package and 401(k) plan
PillPack is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PillPack is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit .