Posted on Nov 29, 2020 by GID Solutions
GID Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Scope: The scope of this effort is to provide program management support, systems engineering support and life cycle logistics support to PM IW portfolios through all phases of the acquisition life cycle.
Background: Program Manager, Infantry Weapons (PM IW), organized within Marine Corps System Command's (MCSC's) Ground Combat Element Systems Portfolio Manager, is the acquisition and life-cycle manager for multiple interrelated infantry weapons, combat optics, anti-armor, mortars, gunner protection kit and force protection systems. PM IW consists of four teams: Infantry Weapons Team, Combat Optics Team, Anti-Armor Systems Team, and the Force
- Analyzes needs and develops user requirements across the entire spectrum of logistics functions, models problems/solutions, assesses cost/performance impacts of solutions, defines processes and practices to align with policy, implements optimization strategies.
- Provides advice to program staff in the areas of maintenance planning; program level logistics planning, processes, and procedures; conducts problem analysis of field-user generated deficiencies; develops distribution plans; develops standard parts fielding packages; plans and executes fielding plans and new equipment training; develops/monitors logistics budgets; coordinates responses in support of contingencies, global deployment operations, and unit/system readiness objectives.
- Understands logistics concepts, functional capabilities required for life cycle sustainment, logistics analysis techniques, and industry/military logistics standards of practice.
- Utilize the skills to: draft, review, adjudicate, and staff for review/approval/signature technical manuals , technical instructions, supply instructions, modification instructions, SL-3s, and acquisition logistics documentation
Preferred Education and Certifications: Experience in supporting the following USMC weapons platforms:
- Heavy and Light Anti-Armor Systems.
- Individual Combat Equipment.
- Crew-Served, Individual, and Precision Infantry Weapons.
- Airborne & Reconnaissance Equipment .
- Amphibious Operations Equipment.
- Optics and Non-lethal Systems.