Posted on Dec 2, 2020 by SPECTRUM COMMUNITY SERVICES
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director leads the Region's efforts in the provision and maintenance of the operations of the region. The Director develops procedures to support Person Centered Planning with all stakeholders, internal and external. Serves as an advocate for individuals with disabilities within the organization, with other organizations and the community at large. Provides support, direction, and guidance to employees within the region. Provides leadership in promotion of agency mission and goals. Is responsible for oversight to and outcomes of assigned region. Provides oversight to Region's personnel, financial and administrative functions and procedures. Provides leadership in developing, monitoring and revising region's plan and goals, with focus on outcome measurement. The position requires the ability to handle multiple demands and triage; extensive travel to homes and community agencies, and the working of a flexible work schedule. Supports culturally competent recovery-based practices and person centered planning as a shared decision making process.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent combination of experience and education). Life experiences with diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, including experience with behavioral health issues, is preferred.
- Must support a trauma informed culture of safety to aid consumers in their recovery process.
- Four (4) years experience in a human service area with three years residential supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional level communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability and expertise in facilitating group interaction, team building and leadership.
- Ability to implement and supervise high behavior and sex offender programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing Continuous Quality Improvement methodologies.
- Completion of the personnel hiring requirements specified in the Conditional Job Offer at the time of hire.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Promotes Person Centered Planning philosophy and policy with all staff, individuals served and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with mental health agency to develop processes/systems to ensure effective Person Centered Planning.
- Participates in advocacy opportunities including collaborating with other organizations, legislature, governmental agencies, schools, advocacy organizations, health care providers, etc.
- Reviews and approves individuals annual Person Centered Plan and Reviews as designated in the Person Centered Plan.
- Provides support, training, direction and guidance to personnel in area of responsibility. Provides back-up pager support after hours.
- Prepares the organization for the future by leading and/or participating in agency planning groups and task forces,
- Builds collaborative and supportive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Creates organizational culture of growth, teamwork, inclusion and empowerment.
- Consistently demonstrates the highest standards of agency mission, including philosophy of support to consumers, family and staff.
- Develops and ensures fiscal procedures that are sound and efficient.
- Monitors region's budget compliance, taking action as indicated. Provides input into budget development.
- Ensures human resource systems and practices within region are both consistent with agency policy and supportive of staff.
- Develops and updates written procedures contained in Operations and Administrative Manual.
- Provides oversight to office functions, facilities management and information technology systems.
- Represents Spectrum Community Services at meetings within the public mental health system.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Ensures effective and efficient management/clinical information systems that provide management information.
- Takes leadership role in developing regional Continuous Quality Improvement plans and participates in development of the agency's CQI.
- Monitors progress towards outcomes specified in these plans, taking action as necessary.
- Gathers data and information, analyzes and presents reports demonstrating region's progress/compliance.
- Takes/recommends action when data is outside of desired parameters.
- Consistently and continuously looks for improvement in areas of efficiency and effectiveness - feedback from data, new trends, individuals served, stakeholders, etc.
- Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable regulations and requirements (i.e., DCIS Licensing, specialized certification, CARF and mental health contract). Ensures that the region fully meets/exceeds contract and other requirements and keeps updated on changes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Spectrum Human Services to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment. It is a violation of our policy to discriminate in the provision of employment opportunities, benefits or privileges; to create discriminatory work conditions; or to use discriminatory evaluative standards in employment if the basis of that discriminatory treatment is, in whole or in part, the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and conditions related to pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, military, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, transgender status, height, weight or genetic information. Spectrum Human Services prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.