Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity) to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the driver's time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is required to load or unload the truck.
• Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane into the tanker.
• Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter; and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
• Perform twice daily truck inspections.
• May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
• 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
• 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
• Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
• Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
• No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
• No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.