Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Job Juncture
Our manufacturing client in Buffalo, NY is looking to hire a Reliability Engineer. This Reliability Engineer will facilitate development of business/facility maintenance strategy and solve reliability and availability losses. This Engineer will focus on opportunities that have impacted the plant's measured asset capability and the opportunities identified as high-risk in risk assessments, reliability models, etc. This Engineer will utilize six sigma tools and methodologies to improve reliability.
- Achieve Activity Coordination Business Objectives.
- Participate in the facilitation and implementation of the Global Root Cause Investigation process to include application of the cause and effect methodology in all areas where reliability opportunities are identified and where the RCI triggers are met.
- Create Equipment Reliability Strategies based upon Top Opportunity List, Critical Equipment List and identify plant/business needs.
- Develop and maintain a model that identifies the unit operations, equipment, process etc. that identifies the value of opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate and quantifies the impact projects such as equipment reconfigurations, design changes, equipment quality etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of individual aspects of the Preventive and Predictive Maintenance PPM program.
- Facilitate and contribute greatly to driving proactive PPM Optimization activities to support overall productivity improvement.
- Asset utilization and cost data is analyzed to develop and prioritize a list of reliability opportunities.
- Participate in improvement activities.
- Provide equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for evaluation of equipment performance, vendor performance and modifications.
- Participate in reliability network activities.
- Utilize Six Sigma Tools and Methodologies to improve reliability.
- Assist in setting up the PPM program.
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience is required.
- Line of Business experience preferred.
- 5 years of Process Safety Management (High Hazard Process) experience preferred.
- Understanding of Fluid Mechanics & Pumping operations.
- Hands-on experience in electrical, industrial and mechanical aspects of the industry.
- Predictive Preventative maintenance (PPM) data in Computerized Maintenance Management System maintenance information systems (ex: CMMS, SAP)
- Understanding of Global Maintenance Work Process (GMWP) and reliability network.
- Ability to train and guild Field Engineers, Contractors, Mechanics, and Technicians.
- Union experience a plus.