Certified Service Technician
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by AutoNation - AutoNation Honda Covington Pike
AutoNation Honda Covington Pike
Are you a seasoned Automotive Technician looking for steady work at a company that refuses to slow down? Are you a Certified or Master Tech looking for stable management in a company that's focused on quality and continued growth? Do you want to enjoy the benefits that come along with working for a large company, but still want to feel like you're part of a “family” at the shop you call home? Whether you're an experienced tech or a military veteran, AutoNation has opportunities from coast to coast.
AutoNation Honda Covington Pike is NOW HIRING experienced ASE or manufacturer certified Technicians. Our ideal Service Tech will jump right in, working like a pro to bring our customers' vehicles back to life and get them road ready! Candidates will have previous experience working in a large MSO, or independently owned repair facility, and possess a deep understanding of the automotive repair life cycle.
At AutoNation, we want our employees to feel happy, healthy, and valued as they work to provide a top-notch experience for our customers. We offer full time Associates:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
- A Fun, Upbeat Work Environment with Fantastic Co-Workers
- So Much More!
AutoNation ranked as the #1 automotive group in the U.S. in 2019 and we have no intention of slowing down our drive to remain the public's first choice when tackling their automotive needs. From knowledgeable Sales Professionals to Master Repair Technicians, come see why AutoNation employees rank among the most sought-after automotive professionals in the country! We work hard, continue to educate ourselves, and produce results that we can be proud of. Are YOU ready to join a winning team? Do YOU have the drive? Apply today!
What are the day-to-day responsibilities ?
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician's tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as “special tools.”
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
The performance of a Certified Technician is measured by achieving:
- Targeted production
- Targeted sales
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years experience as an automotive technician
- Automotive technical training (varies based on store needs)
- Attention to detail
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Service Technician role. Opportunities may include:
- Master-Certified Technician
- Service Advisor
- Service Management
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.