Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Pitney Bowes
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
As a Production Supervisor you will work with the team to meet the company's productivity standards and requirements. This helps our clients earn the best possible discounts on First-Class® and Standard® postage with our presort services. Your career with Pitney Bowes will help you be an integral part of the operation that will support not only your career development but our business' continued growth. This position is located in Kansas City, MO.
- With direction from the Operations Manager or Assistant Operations Manager, organizes the mail flow on the production floor by assigning workers and assessing volumes and type of mail based on current staffing levels to meet postal deadlines.
- Responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated shifts. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining, and addressing complaints/solving problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Oversees quality function throughout the production area. Assures MPTQM (Mail Preparation Total Quality Management) processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Assists Operations Manager in completing required USPS and internal reports, job costing reports and application of all USPS postal regulations. Assures clear and concise communication of pertinent information between shifts.
- Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of equipment use, working conditions, and motivation of employees.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a production environment
- Minimum of one year of progressively responsible experience, in a production environment preferred
- Knowledge of Internet, Email, MS Word, Excel and/or MS Access.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and/or different shifts as needed with minimal notice.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully-customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.