Rapid Response Nurse, Part-Time, Weekend Exclusive
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Emory Healthcare
Rapid Response Nurse, Part-Time, Weekend Exclusive
Division Emory Univ Hosp-Midtown Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30308 Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta Department EHM Centralized Clinical Suppt Job Type Regular Part-Time Job Number 59158 Job Category Nursing Schedule 7a-7:30p Standard Hours 24 Hours
Shift: 7a-7:30p, part-time, Weekends Only (Sat/Sun)
The (RUN) Resource Utilization Nurse is part of the Rapid Response team and is primarily responsible for supporting the critical care units of Emory HealthcareDescription
- The (RUN) Resource Utilization Nurse is primarily responsible for supporting the critical care units of Emory Healthcare in providing a consistent level of care by assisting with patients leaving the ICU for diagnostic testing or procedures, assuming a direct patient care assignment as needed while the primary nurse is off unit with another patient, and assisting in response to Code Mets and Code Blue.
- The RUN nurse may assist the emergency department in the management of critical care patients awaiting inpatient bed admission as well as EUHOP full capacity protocol as available.
- They will conduct monitoring on patients transferred out of the Intensive Care Units to general units, and Code Met and Code Blue transfers.
- This position is recognized as a proficient, highly skilled clinician who demonstrates acquired in depth knowledge about the care of ICU patients.
- Care of the ICU patient during transport when other resource options have been exhausted.
- Responding to code met and Code Blue serving as a resource to support the patient during stabilization and transfer to an ICU.
- Rounding on ICU patients that have transferred out of the Intensive care unit and patients who have been transferred to the ICUs post Code Met or Code Blue within 24 hours to enhance continuity of care, communication and customer service.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Provide tracking, data collection and monitoring of metrics used to measure the productivity and quality of care delivered.
- Support the back fill process in the intensive care unit while primary RN is off unit for diagnostic procedures.
- Participating in full capacity protocol and support of the Emergency room with ICU patients holding for admission as available when not involved in patient transport or direct care assignment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have a valid, active unencumbered Nursing license or temporary permit approved by the Georgia Licensing Board.
- 3 years critical care experience and ability to manage patients in all specialties of Emory Critical Care.
- CCRN preferred.
- BLS, ACLS, and Healthcare Provider certifications required.
The Emory Difference is You.
Joining Emory Healthcare means you will care for patients, be part of a collaborative health care team, and impact the communities we proudly serve. Become a part of our team and you'll have the opportunity to make the Emory difference by contributing to the improvement of health care locally and globally.
Nurses at Emory Healthcare are integral members of every team, consistently providing world-class care and the Emory difference to our patients and their families. Our nursing compensation system is structured to reflect the positive impact of the clinical excellence provided by each of these clinical professionals.
Our dedication to our nursing staff includes career advancement opportunities. We offer a 12-month Nurse Residency Program to ease the transition from student to experienced nurse for those who are starting their careers post-BSN or MSN. For experienced nurses, our Professional Lattice for Advancement in Nursing (PLAN) is centered on goals and growth with opportunities to continue clinical education and benefit from mentoring programs.
We're committed to improving the health of our community.
The Emory Healthcare system includes 11 hospitals, primary care, urgent care, and MinuteClinics. We offer many options and opportunities to find the right fit for your future in the community you choose.
Be a part of Georgia's only health care system with four Magnet®-designated facilities: Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Emory University Hospital, and Emory University Orthopaedic & Spine Hospital.
Through hard work and collaboration, every team's efforts make a positive impact that can reach every community. At Emory Healthcare, your dedication will help improve patients' lives as you thrive and advance in your career.
We take care of our employees.
You'll be joining a health care system recognized for its commitment to our employees. Life at Emory is full of benefits and perks to help you succeed. We offer competitive medical benefits, opportunities for advancement, specialized career programs, and so much more to ensure our employees are treated as well as they treat our patients.
Join #LifeAtEmory, ranked by Forbes as the best employer in Georgia, to discover the right career for your future and make the Emory difference.
Taking care of you and your family
We know that our team provides the best care and the Emory difference every day for our patients and their families. And we're committed to showing how much we care about our employees with comprehensive medical, retirement, education, and leave benefits.
At Emory Healthcare, your benefits package begins on day one. We offer a generous PTO policy, and time off is accrued every pay period. We have a variety of affordable options for quality healthcare coverage to suit your needs or the needs of your family. Medical and dental plans are treated as a shared cost between Emory Healthcare and employees. Vision plans are voluntary, with all employees receiving discounts at Emory Eye Center and Emory Vision.
Our Retirement Savings/Matching plan allows you to save smarter for your future. Eligible employees receive a 2% employer contribution, even if they are not contributing to the plan. In addition, eligible employees with less than ten years of service who contribute receive up to 4% of an employee contribution. Employees with more than ten years of service receive up to 5% of an employee contribution. We also provide long-term disability (LTD) coverage at no cost after one year of benefits-eligible service.
The Employee Education plan is available for Full time and part-time employees to take up to 18 credit hours per year at an accredited college or university after completing one year of employment for an undergraduate degree or two years for a graduate degree. Tuition charges may be paid up to 80% for eligible Full time employees and up to 40% for eligible part-time employees. Emory Healthcare also offers you the option of a Georgia Higher Education 529 Savings Plan to save smarter for your children's college education.