Collision Repair Trainee
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by AutoNation - AutoNation Collision Center West Colonial
AutoNation Collision Center West Colonial
The Collision Repair Trainee is responsible for preparing repaired vehicles for refinishing and assisting painters with their work.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Performs body and fender repairs, as outlined on repair or work order, with direction from Metal Technician. (If certified in welding operations, will perform welding, soldering, body alignment and oxidizing operations.
- Communicates effectively with the Metal Technician, Paint Technician and other Collision Center
- Operate all equipment in Collision Center in safe and productive manner, and follows AutoNation's Safety Standards for the use of personal protective equipment (safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Uses basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals and determining vehicle structural measurements, as directed by supervisor.
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations with respect to disposal of hazardous waste.
- Actively participates in additional training classes, ie, I-CAR, ASE
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend and read instructions
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.