Master Service Auto Technician
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by AutoNation - AutoNation Ford Wolfchase
AutoNation Ford Wolfchase
Are you a seasoned Automotive Technician looking for steady work at a company that refuses to slow down? Are you a Certified or Master Tech looking for stable management in a company that's focused on quality and continued growth? Do you want to enjoy the benefits that come along with working for a large company, but still want to feel like you're part of a “family” at the shop you call home? Whether you're an experienced tech or a military veteran, AutoNation has opportunities from coast to coast.
AutoNation Ford Wolfchase is NOW HIRING experienced Ford Master Technicians in Memphis, TN. Our ideal Service Tech will jump right in, working like a pro to bring our customers' vehicles back to life and get them road ready! Candidates will have previous experience working in a large MSO, or independently owned repair facility, and possess a deep understanding of the automotive repair life cycle.
The Master Automotive Technician performs vehicle repair and maintenance as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards and builds Customer loyalty by developing trust and ensuring confidence in AutoNation as a care-giver for their vehicle safety and reliability.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, other Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities ?
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician's tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as “special tools.”
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
How will I know if I am successful?
The performance of a Master Technician is measured by achieving:
- Targeted production
- Targeted sales
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the requirements for this job
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ford Certified with a Transmission Certification (required)
- ASE Certified (preferred)
- 2+ years' experience as an automotive technician
- Automotive technical training (varies based on store needs)
- Attention to detail
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Service Technician role. Opportunities may include:
- Service Advisor
- Service Management
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Mechanical and engine repair, Brake Maintenance and repair, Drive Train, Electrical and Emission systems, Fuel systems, Tune-up engine components, Front end repair, Exhaust system repair, Parts ordering