Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Cath Lab
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring: Title: Registered Nurse
City, State: Milwaukee, WI
Location: Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Additional Job Details: 1.0 FTE / Days. 0 depending on patient schedule. On call rotation to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Generous sign on bonus offered.
Columbia St Marys has been recognized as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ (2021, 2020) by providing superior clinical outcomes in heart bypass surgery, coronary interventional procedures, heart attack treatment, heart failure treatment, and heart valve surgery
What You Will Do: As part of this amazing team you will assist with procedures to analyze, diagnose and treat the cardiovascular system. A cardiovascular Registered Nurse works in a cardiac cath lab and performs very complex procedures, including stent implants, Structured Heart (TAVR, Mitra Clips, and Watchman) Peripheral Artery Disease procedures and other tests to diagnose and treat heart and vascular disease. They take emergency calls and participate in saving the lives of those who are having a heart attack and acute vascular injury.
- Prepare patients for procedures. Review medical history, positions patients and cleans/shaves/numbs testing sites as appropriate.
- Interpret, describe, and report test results; recognize recording errors and artifacts and react appropriately.
- Monitor patients prior to, during, and after procedures and promptly report any abnormal findings in the patient's condition.
- Prepare and maintain equipment, supplies, and lab area.
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Prior Cath Lab/ IR lab experience a plus.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.