Registered Nurse - House Supervisor
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring:
7pm-7am, various days of the weekWhat You Will Do:
Supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff during assigned shift.
- Contribute to or perform performance evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manage through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- 1 year of experience required.
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.