Clinical-Diabetes RN Educator
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring: Title: Clinical Diabetes RN Educator
City, State: Mobile, AL
Location: Providence Hospital
Department: Patient Education
Additional Job Details: PRN, Day Shift
What You Will Do: Assess, plan, implement and evaluate educational activities planning for an assigned service or population.
- Collaborate with nurse managers and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of staff.
- Develop, implement and evaluate educational plans/programs and utilize methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Serve as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development.
- Participate in the coordination and continuity of orientation programs, including preceptor programs.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Educator specializing in Diabetes Management preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Providence Health System is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.