RN Spv-Nursing - Observation Unit
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring: Position: RN Supervisor
Location: Ascension - Warren Campus
Shift: 40 hours (Dayshift)
Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision
Employer Matching Retirement Plan
Discount programs and more
What You Will Do: Supervise, coordinate, and provide leadership while directing activities of clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff delivering quality patient care and ensuring implementation of clinical objectives in an assigned area.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute patient care assignments of clinical/non-clinical or an interdisciplinary team of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- In accordance with the applicable State Nurse Practice Act, delegate appropriate duties to clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff based on their assessed skills and abilities.
- Gather information from other members of the clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary team and uses this data to plan for the care of all patients on the unit for the shift.
- Evaluate the care delivered by other licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff by providing direct and immediate feedback and coaching, ongoing verbal and written feedback to the clinical/non-clinical leader on the performance of staff and evaluating the performance trends under his/her direction and recommend and participate in corrective/disciplinary action as required.
- Participate in the hiring process for new staff members assigned to the shift by conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations to the clinical/non-clinical leader.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- 1 year of experience required.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplemen t
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work