HIPAA Privacy Director
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Ascension
We Are Hiring:
Location: Virtual / Remote
Full Time, Days M-F 8:30-5:00pm
Do you have experience leading HIPAA Privacy and Compliance for a healthcare organization? In this position you will l ead and direct under guidance from the HIPAA Privacy Officer privacy activities and initiatives within the Compliance Center of Excellence HIPAA Privacy service line. You will r eport to the HIPAA Privacy Officer and work collaboratively with other Ascension Compliance leaders and team members, as needed. Apply to learn more!
What You Will Do:
- Manages and oversees the resolutions of privacy-related matters, including investigations, privacy complaints, patient rights requests, and other privacy incidents received through the Values Line, ministries, and from other methods, in collaboration with other Compliance leaders, team members, and legal, as appropriate.
- Oversees privacy-related investigations and follow-up actions conducted as part of the compliance program privacy monitoring and maintains, in conjunction with other Compliance leaders, the relationship with such applicable vendors and teams.
- Assists with the development and implementation of HIPAA and privacy policies and procedures.
- Assists with the creation of, and conducts as appropriate, system-wide compliance training and education programs and initiatives related to privacy matters.
- Prepares and reviews privacy related tracking reports, incidents, and data analytics to identify opportunities for educational opportunities and process streamlining.
- Supports the HIPAA Privacy Officer or designees in the breach notification process, including any follow-up with affected individuals (e.g., call teams in response to reported breach).
- Maintains knowledge of rules and regulations (HIPAA, HITECH, state privacy laws) that impact specific ministries and the organization and acts as a subject matter expert to support and provide guidance to workforce members.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with leaders and stakeholders across the organization.
- Identifies opportunities and supports efforts to build a culture of compliance.
- Supports the compliance privacy function with projects and programs as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 7 years of Compliance experience preferred, with a focus on HIPAA Privacy.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work